Guest Guide and Inn Policies
Have a wonderful time at Annville Inn! These guidelines were created to help ensure that all our guests have a magical stay.
At Annville Inn, our desire is for each of our guests to find comfort and enjoyment from their stay with us, and to leave with a positive experience. Therefore we make your safety and comfort our first priority. This Guest Guide and Inn Policies will help you get the most out of your visit with us. If you have any any questions, or need additional information, please contact us.
- Reservations are secured by a deposit and confirmed via email (or hard copy upon request).
- Reservations are automatically canceled by notification if deposit is not received within five business days.
- Reservation requests using Gift Certificates are subject (as are all reservation requests) to guest room availability. A copy of the gift certificate must be mailed to Annville Inn at 4515 Hill Church Road, Annville, PA 17003 upon reservation request. Temporary confirmation will be given until receipt of Gift Certificate copy in order to hold the reservation.
- We reserve the right to change room assignment if required.
- For reservation requests within 48 hours of check-in please call the Inn at 717-867-1991 or toll free at 888-868-4515,
- Weekend bookings may require a two night stay. For a one night stay on a weekend, please contact the innkeeper for availability. Most holiday weekends require a three night stay, although in some cases a two night reservation may be available.
- We will be happy to place you on our "wait list" for an opening or a last minute cancellation. Please send us an email to email@example.com or call 717-867-1991 or toll free 888-868-4515.
- Your deposit is 50% of your total stay or a minimum of one night, plus applicable charges and taxes.
- One-night reservations require full advance payment.
- Guests choosing additional services or packages will be charged for these services and packages as part of the initial deposit.
- Your credit card (when credit card available) is taken at the time reservation is processed and will be followed by a confirmation sent by email. (If credit card is not available, a check must be mailed or sent overnight to the Inn to confirm your reservation.)
Our goal is to provide the ultimate in service to our guests. While we would like to be able to accept any cancellation at any time, it is not always possible for an inn or even a hotel to do so.
- We will gladly process a cancellation for you, as long as your request comes (and is acknowledged by us and we give you in person-that is by phone call-a cancellation number) a minimum of ten (10) days before the scheduled check-in. Unless you talk to us in person by phone and receive a cancellation number, there is no cancellation. The only valid cancellation is made by actual conversation with us and the issuance of the cancellation number by us to you during that conversation.
- Reservations made ten (10) or fewer days prior to the reservation date forfit any refund and are charged in full, at 100% of the reservation, plus the cancellation fee noted below.
- There is a $25.00 fee to process any cancellation.
- If a cancellation is made ten (10) days or less from the reservation date, we will try to help you save. We will attempt to rebook your reserved room for you. However, if it is not re-booked, you will be charged the full amount of your guaranteed stay (each day reserved) less any day during your scheduled stay that is re-booked. If it is re-booked, we still retain $25.00 from your original deposit to cover the costs of re-booking the room.
- No shows and/or early departures will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
- Holiday reservations, weekend group reservations of two or more rooms or special event reservation bookings of three or more rooms as well as use of reserved meeting space require a miniumum of 30 days' cancellation notice.
NOTE: We do note accept cancellations by e-mail, nor by fax, nor by direct mail, nor by chat or text. The only valid cancellation is one made during a direct telephone call with us, and one in which we issue to you during that conversation, a cancellation number.
- Check-in time is between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Please get in touch with the innkeeper if you need special arrangements for check-in outside of normal hours.
- Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- Early check-in or late check-out is available by prior arrangement only and subject to availability. Each is subject to an additional $25.00 fee.
- Occupancy and basic room rate is limited to two people per room. Additional guests - with rooms size permitting - are $30 per night.
- Our bed and breakfast is oriented toward adults and children age 14 and above.
- For the comfort and safety of all of our guests, we regret that we cannot accommodate pets. For this reason, the innkeeper also does not keep pets. We will gladly direct you to a nearby veterinarian-operated kennel that has had very high reviews from previous guests.
Breakfast & Refreshments
- We are pleased to serve a complimentary full gourmet breakfast to our guests and we take into consideration any special dietary needs or restrictions. Breakfast is typically served in our inn dining room at 9:00 AM. Time exceptions can be arranged based upon availability.
- We provide a coffee/tea bar that is available 24 hours. Our guests are welcome to enjoy the homade treats and snacks, also available 24 hours a day.
Smoking - Incence - Candles
- Annville Inn Bed and Breakfast has a strict non-smoking policy, which is enforced for the safety and comfort of all our guests. We (and our insurance company) do not allow smoking, incense or candle burning in any of our guest rooms.
- There are two designated smoking areas outside the inn, which the innkeepers point out to guests that smoke at the time of check-in. This policy is stated when a reservation is made and repeated in the confirmation letter.
- Should a guest ever violate our rule and smoke in their room or allow a visitor to smoke in their room, the smoke permeates the rugs, bedspreads, pillows, curtains, etc. and travels through the air ducts to other rooms in the inn. It may become necessary for us to try to remove the smoke odor by cleaning all the curtains, bed linens, carpeting, air filters, etc. In some instances, the room must be repainted to eliminate the offending smoke odor which non-smokers can detect immediately.
- Should a guest break our non-smoking rule, a surcharge will be assessed to the registered guest. This surcharge ranges from a minimum of $500 up to $3000, depending on what is necessary to return the room to its original smoke free condition. If the room must be taken out of availability in order to deodorize it, we will also charge, in addition to the aforementioned costs, the standard room rental for that room for every night we have it out of service. That fee could equal seven to fifteen nights.
- There is a serious concern with smoking or candle burning or incence inside the Inn. The only time candles can be lit is by the innkeeper.
We employ a smoke/fire/CO2 detection system that is constantly monitored by an outside monitoring service. Alarms will sound throughout the inn and the fire department immediately summoned if smoke (even cigarette smoke) is detected in any room on our property.
- As a non-smoking inn, we guarantee a clean, fresh and safe room for our guests. Guests with allergies appreciate the fact that we have Oreck Air Scrubbers operating on every floor. For bedding, we use alternate down materials...no feathers.
Pool & Hot Tub
- Summer: Please enjoy the swimming pool, which is available seasonally. No lifeguard is posted. Diving headfirst into the pool is not allowed. All swimmers do so at their own risk.
- Winter: Our hot tub seats six adults comfortably and has a variety of settings. The hot tub is available to guests at no extra charge. We suggest its use in the winter time. As in the pool, there is no lifeguard posted. Use at your own risk. Pregnant women and anyone with a heart condition should not use a hot tub due to the extreme temperatures.
- Water Safety: We monitor the water in both the pool and hot tub carefully and keep it to very close tolerances. The crystal clear water is kept at optimum Federal sanitary and safety conditions.
- You are welcome to bring beverages of your choice to the Pool and Hot Tub as long as you bring only plastic or vinyl containers. For your convenience we have a number of attractive plastic and vinyl wine glasses hanging over the bar. We also have glass ones there, do not use them. GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND PROHIBITED IN POOL AND HOT TUB AREAS.
- Unless you have the entire Inn booked, please respect your fellow guests by observing the quiet time that begins at 11:00 p.m. At that time, please have televisions turned to low volume and please do not play the piano.
- We have a state of the art stadium-style theatre with a commercial movie theatre sound system. We will be happy to show a movie. Please see the innkeeper to make arrangements.
The Annville Inn Motto
"The difference between good and great is a little extra effort."
Annville Inn features five unique guest rooms, each with a private bath.
Thanks ever so much for the wonderful accommodations. The food was phenomenal, the atmosphere incredible, the house stunning, the gardens absolutely beautiful.
To quote the great General of the Army, General Douglas McArthur, "We shall return!"
- Wilhelm and Eva